Book Club | Alexa Chung IT

by - May 27, 2015


A month?! Yes I know I've taken a break mainly because I had run out of post ideas but now I've got too many to keep locked up. This time I've reduced the stress by only posting once a week or twice if you're lucky (don't get your hopes up!) So welcome me back with lots of comments to motivate me even more! Lets get on with the actual review...

There's no doubt about it that this book is so aesthetically pleasing, but if we get down to the real review the tables turn. The book itself only took a short read with many pages filled with old polaroid images of Alexa herself. I wouldn't exactly call this an autobiography more of a scrapbook meets journal.

There's been many mixed reviews, with many people disliking it or loving it. However they are missing the entire aspect with the fact it's along the lines of pick up when you want to and give it quick flick through - a great addition to your coffee table books!

My favorite parts of the book are when she shows us why she is just like the rest of us even though to the rest of us she might be IT.
She goes on about heartbreak ("Scrolling through photos [on Instagram] of girls your ex may not be shagging won't help you") and even admits that she favours a full brief, ("I'd rather go commando than wedge myself into a g-string"). 

Yes she does get personal but that's what I like about Alexa as she throws herself into it and may I add very witty too! I enjoyed dipping in and out of this book but for £16.99 (or £11.89 on amazon) I do believe that there could have been more too it. However who does not love taking a look into Alexa's life - I'm guilty.

If you love a seemingly good coffee table book or Alexa Chung herself then this is the perfect buy for you!

Have you read it? What was your thoughts? Love or hate? Let me know 



You May Also Like

6 comments

  1. I absolutely loved IT! But totally agree that there could have been more to it!
    Lauren x

    fashion-expedition.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even so, I will still be flicking through this book occasionally!
      Thank you so much for your comment :)

      Florence x

      Delete
  2. You're back!! I haven't gotten my hands on a copy yet, as I've been having second thoughts. Many have been saying that it's a treat only to those who's interested in Alexa's personal life (I'm slightly guilty, I must admit), but I think your review shed a positive light on its content and cosy layout. Not many appreciated the fact that it's more of a published diary, but you described it as how it really is: a coffee table book you'd look at whenever. I'm looking forward to your future posts!! xx

    http://xndrexpanaligan.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment makes me even more motivated to create more blog posts!

      Florence x

      Delete
  3. I keep seeing this pop up everywhere, I definitely think I'll have to pick it up at some point soon! Thanks for sending your link over in the twitter chat!

    Heather, porcelainbeautyx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's okay! Just followed you on Bloglovin' :)

      Florence x

      Delete